Fees for Service
As your Ceremony Specialist, I spend more time on your ceremony, both before and on the day of your event, than any of your other vendors. Of course, everyone says that, so I have provided a breakdown of what I do for you here:
- My personalized, one-of-a-kind service. No other officiant will be so involved or make it their personal goal to see that you are delighted on the day of your wedding.
- My level of education (I have two Master’s Degrees and a Doctorate in Divinity),
- My experience (I was an English Professor and educator for 14 years, so writing and speaking well come naturally to me, and I captivate and maintain your guests’ attention; no one is ever bored!).
- My specialized staff. I am the only officiant who travels with their own microphone system and audio technician (who has over twenty years’ experience in live sound applications).
No one else writes 100% original scripts and vows, and no other officiant has Wireless Lavaliere Microphones for you and your love.
Before the ceremony, I spend time getting to know you, your Beloved, and your love story. I spend numerous hours writing and editing an original ceremony script, and, based off of your answers from a questionnaire, I put together what I like to call a “blueprint” of your wedding vows for you. (They are your words, organized and made a bit loftier while maintaining your voice and personality.) I guide you with all of the ceremony’s planning: from the music, to the physical staging, bridal party formation, and beyond; therefore, we are in constant contact. I help you minimize any hiccups and pitfalls by giving you sound, honest advice all the way through, including reminders on when to get your marriage license. I am enthusiastically and happily involved with everything that is ceremony related, all in an effort to give you the ceremony of your dreams. Not sure what your vision is? I will work with you to help you cultivate your desires into a ceremony that reflects you, your Beloved, and the special relationship you share.
On the day of the ceremony, I arrive a minimum of 2 hours prior to your guests’ arrival. This time is spent verifying the location set-up is to your wishes and ensuring that you and your partner are well cared for on your special day. I do sound checks on the microphones, instruct your DJ or Band regarding the timing of the music for the Processional and Recessional, etc. I work with your family, your Bridal Party, and you–going through all the major parts, lines, places, and actions in unique and camera-worthy ways–to give you a sense of calm and ease. I guide you with all the technicalities that you never even thought of. I go back and forth between where you are and the other vendors, ensuring everyone is on the same page: your page. This is above and beyond the duties of a traditional officiant, and yet I’m still one of the least expensive vendors hired.
- Constant Consulting to create a ceremony that honors your beautiful relationship and your beliefs. (I ask that you email me often, keep me in the loop, as I will do the same to share ideas, and such!) This is how I get to really know you so that I can create the personal and unique ceremony of your dreams!
- Creating and collaborating on an ORIGINAL ceremony script with UNLIMITED rewrites and drafts until you are 100% happy.
- Marriage License information and reminder 1 month prior to your wedding.
- Professional Sound System — operated by my Audio Technician—with wireless-lav microphones for all 3 of us, so your guests can hear you as you recite your vows without having a microphone or stand appear in all of the ceremony pictures. For services which require it, I bring a Generator, which is able to accommodate your Videographer and DJ as well.
- Travel, set up, and attendance the day of the ceremony, arriving at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled start time. (You are the ONLY wedding I book that day.) Total hours day of: 5-8.
- Rehearsal-Run-Through the day of the ceremony. For the Parents, Bridal Party, and whomever else, such as Readers, I review their parts and places with them, or this is a “refresher course” with all these major players of your day and/or those who could not attend the Formal Rehearsal.
- Troubleshooting any last minute emergencies or conditions that may arise, especially in inclement weather, and ensuring that all the necessary elements are in place before beginning. (My Staff and I take on responsibilities that are rarely ours, doing everything we can to help produce the best experience possible for you and your guests. In the past we have found petals for flower girls, rearranged chairs to balance aisles for pictures, helped with hair emergencies, tied bowties, etc.)
- Coordinating with other Vendors you hire. I print out instructions for the DJ, Musicians, Dove Releasers, etc. to make sure that everything is timed correctly and there are no hiccups on your big day.
- Processing and mailing your license, using Priority, Overnight Delivery, with insurance and tracking.
- Marriage Certificate Updates with shipping confirmations.
- Information to help you change your name is sent while you are on your honeymoon!
Ceremony Enhancements: I either provide everything a busy Couple needs to create most of the rituals I offer, such as vessels and colored sand for the Unity Sand Ceremony; a sapling tree, container, vessels and soil for the Tree Planting Ceremony, etc. OR I handcraft your Ceremony Enhancement, such as the Handfasting Cords and the broom for the Jumping the Broom ritual. Then you’ll have a lovely keepsake which can be looked upon for years to come as a reminder of your special day.
CE Prices: Varies. Please request for more information.
Formal Rehearsal Orchestration (4-7 hours): I get there an hour before you and your bridal party arrive to set up my equipment–speakers, mics, etc. This way, once you and the party arrive, we are ready to go! I download all your ceremony music, line you up, and we practice the timing of the Processional and Recessional with the songs you chose. I teach everyone what to do, how to walk, how to stand, where to go… I go through the Father-Daughter Hand-off, the Best Man Ring Offering, The Readers, the Ceremony Enhancement to ensure the best execution and the best possible photos–so that on the day of, I am able to guide the photographer and videographer on all the wonderful discoveries we made. We also troubleshoot logistics. Small alterations make all the difference in the world the day of the ceremony. I go through all the major parts, with all the major players…without giving away the ceremony. We do this 3 or more times until we have it down pat!
My fees are also customized according to the distance, the date, and whatever else is needed from me, so I cannot give you an exact quote without knowing more about your day. To make it easier for you, I offer payment plans of equal monthly installments without any surcharges if paid by check, so the earlier you secure your date, the less each payment is!
If you would like to learn more about how I can be of service to you both, then I encourage you to take advantage of my complimentary consultation. We can discuss your ideas, and I will be able to give you a fair quote based on your needs, so take me up on my offer, and let’s get to know each other better. I look forward to meeting you both!
(Now accepting Visa, Mastercard, and payments through PayPal, for your convenience.)
For more information, please complete this form.
I will get back to you the same day to schedule our consultation. I am looking forward to hearing from you!