Florida Marriage Licenses
Every marriage license is issued by a county court judge or clerk of the circuit court under her/his hand and seal.
Marriage licenses are issued by counties, and you can apply for your license at any county clerk’s office in the entire state of Florida, no matter where in the state you will be married.
Scroll down to get contact information by county, listed alphabetically.
Again, you can get married in any county in Florida, regardless of where you obtained your marriage license.
To obtain a marriage license you need:
- Identification: a picture ID such as a driver’s license, state ID card, or valid passport; both parties will also have to provide their Social Security numbers but do not need to provide their Social Security Cards.
- Fees: $93.50. Marriage license fees can be reduced by up to $32.50 if you complete a licensed Florida premarital course.
- A marriage license is valid for 60 days after issuance. You must perform the ceremony of marriage before this 60 days has expired.
- Blood Tests are NOT required.
- There is a 3-day waiting period after issuance of the license before you can get married (unless you have completed the Florida premarital course, in which case the waiting period is waived).
- If you are NOT a FLORIDA RESIDENT, then the 3-day waiting period is waived as well! Florida Marriage Statutes can be found here.
- If Divorced or Widowed:
- If previously married, the date of divorce or date of spouse’s death must be supplied. If the divorce or spouse’s death occurred within the past 30 days, a certified copy of the divorce decree or death certificate is required.
- If Under 18 Years of Age:
- If an individual is under 18 years of age, but older than 16 years of age, a marriage license can be obtained with parental consent. If a parent has sole custody or the other parent is deceased, the permission of one parent is sufficient. If a person is under the age of 16, the marriage license has to be issued by a county judge, with or without parental permission. If a minor’s parents are both deceased and there is not an appointed guardian, she/he may apply for a marriage license. A minor who has been previously married may also apply for a license. A minor who has a child or is expecting a baby can apply for a license if the pregnancy has been verified by a written statement from a licensed physician. A county court judge may at her/his discretion issue or not issue a license for them to marry.
It is your and your partner’s responsibility to:
- Obtain a marriage license.
- Carefully proofread it for errors and correct them with the clerk’s office before your wedding day.
- Bring it with you on the day of the ceremony in the envelope in which it came.
On the day of your ceremony, you will need to select two witnesses to sign the license; this can take place immediately preceding or following the ceremony. Then, I take the license with me to finalize the paperwork and mail it with Priority, Overnight Express shipping to ensure its speedy and safe arrival to the clerk’s office the second business day from your ceremony date for final processing.
Within 4 to 6 weeks, you will receive your official marriage certificate in the mail! (And if for any reason you have trouble receiving your marriage license, I’ll take it upon myself to contact the Clerk’s Office directly and get a speedy resolution. That’s the level of service you can expect when you work with me.)
Contact Information by County
Visit your own county’s marriage licensing page for more information:
Alachua County/201 East University Ave. Gainesville, Florida 32601/352-374-3609
Baker County/339 E. Macclenny Ave. Macclenny, FL 32063/904-259-3686
Bay County/300 E. 4th Street Panama City, FL 32401/850-763-9061
Bradford County/945 North Temple Ave. Starke, Florida 32091/904-966-6280
Brevard County/P.O Box 219 Titusville, Florida 32781-0219/321-637-5413
Broward County/ 201 S.E. 6th St. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301/954-712-7899
Calhoun County/20859 SE Central Avenue, Rm. 130 Blountstown, FL 32424/850-674-4545
Charlotte County/ 350 E. Marion Ave. Port Charlotte, FL 33950/ 941-505-4716
Citrus County/110 N. Apopka Ave. Inverness, FL 34450/352-341-6424
Clay County/825 N. Orange Ave. P.O. Box 698 Green Cove Springs, FL 32043-0698/904-269-6302
Collier County/PO Box 413044 Naples, FL 34101-3044/239-252-2745
Columbia County/173 NE Hernando Avenue, Lake City FL 32055/386-758-1342
Desoto County/115 East Oak Street, Room 101 Arcadia, FL 34266/863-993-4876
Dixie County/P.O. Box 1206 Crosss City, FL 32628/352-498-1200
Duval County/501 W. Adams St. Jacksonville, FL 32202/904-255-2000
Escambia County /P.O. Box 333 Pensacola, FL 32591-0333/850-595-4310
Flagler County /1769 E Moody Blvd, Bldg 1 Bunnell, FL 32110-0787/ 386-313-4400
Franklin County/33 Market Street, Suite 203 Apalachicola, FL 32320/ 850-653-8861
Gadsden County /P.O. Box 1649 Quincy, Florida 32351/850-875-8601
Gilchrist County/P.O. Box 37 Trenton, Florida 32693/352-463-3170
Glades County / 500 Avenue J P.O. Box 10 Moorehaven, FL 33471/863-946-6010
Gulf County /1000 Cecil G. Costin, Sr. Blvd. Rm. 148 Port St. Joe, FL. 32456 /850-229-6112
Hamilton County / 207 NE 1st Street, Room 106 Jasper, FL 32052/ 386-792-1288
Hardee County /P.O. Drawer 1749 Wauchula, FL 33873 /863-773-4174
Hendry County /P.O. Box 1760 Labelle, Florida 33975-1760/ 863-675-5217
Hernando County / 20 N. Main St., Room 130 Brooksville, Florida 34601-2800/ 352-754-4201
Highlands County /590 South Commerce Ave. Sebring, Florida 33870-3867/ 863-402-6565
Hillsborough County /P.O. Box 1110 Tampa, Florida 33601-1110/ 813-276-8100
Holmes County /P.O. Box 397 Bonifay, FL 32425/850-547-1100
Indian River County /P.O. Box 1028 Vero Beach, Florida 32961/ 772-770-5185
Jackson County /P.O. Box 510 Marianna, Florida 32447 /850-482-9552
Jefferson County /1 Courthouse Circle Monticello, FL 32344/ 850-342-0218
Lafayette County /P.O. Box 88 Mayo, FL 32066/ 386-294-1600
Lake County /P.O. Box 7800 Tavares, FL 32778/ 352-742-4100
Lee County /P.O. Box 2469 Ft. Myers, Florida 33902 /850-577-4000
Leon County / PO Box 1024 Tallahassee, FL 32302-1024/ 850-577-4100
Levy County /355 S. Court Street Bronson, Florida 32621/ 352-486-5266
Liberty County /10818 NW SR 20 P.O. Box 399 Bristol, FL. 32321/ 850-643-2215
Madison County / P.O. Box 237 Madison, FL 32341-0237/ 850-973-1500
Manatee County /P.O. Box 25400 Bradenton, Florida 34206/ 941-749-1800
Marion County / Post Office Box 1030 Ocala, Florida 34478/ 352-671-5610
Martin County / 100 East Ocean Boulevard, Suite 200 Stuart, Florida 34994/ 772-288-5576
Miami-Dade County Clerk of Court /73 West Flagler Street, Suite # 242 Miami, Florida 33130/305-275-1155
Monroe County / 500 Whitehead St. Key West, Florida 33040 /305-292-3540
Nassau County /76347 Veteran’s Way Yulee, Florida 32097/ 904-548-4600
Okaloosa County / 101 E. James Lee Blvd. Crestview, Florida 32536 /850-689-5000
Okeechobee County /312 Northwest 3rd Street Okeechobee, Florida 34972/ 863-763-2131
Orange County / 425 N. Orange Avenue Orlando, FL 32801/ 407-836-2000
Osceola County /2 Courthouse Square, Suite 2000 Kissimmee, FL 34741/ 407-742-3500
Palm Beach County / 301 North Olive Ave West Palm Beach, FL 33401/ 561-355-2996
Pasco County /38053 Live Oak Ave. Dade City, Florida 33523 /352-518-4008
Pinellas County / 315 Court Street Clearwater, Florida 33756/ 727-464-7000
Polk County /255 N Broadway Ave. Bartow, FL 33830/ 863-534-4000
Putnam County / P.O. Box 758 Palatka, Florida 32178-0758 /386-326-7600
St. Johns County /4010 Lewis Speedway St. Augustine, FL 32084/ 904-819-3600
St. Lucie County P. O. Box 700 Fort Pierce, Florida 34954 /772-462-6900
Sarasota County /2000 Main Street Sarasota, FL 34237/ 941-861-7400
Seminole County /301 N. Park Avenue P.O. Box 8099 Sanford, FL 32772 /407-665-4450
Sumter County / 215 E McCollum Avenue Bushnell, FL 33513/ 352-569-6600
Suwannee County /200 S. Ohio Ave. Live Oak, Florida 32064 /386-362-0500
Taylor County /P.O. Box 620 Perry, FL 32347/ 850-838-3506
Union County / 55 West Main Street Union County Courthouse Rm 103 Lake Butler, FL 32054 / 386-496-3711
Volusia County / P.O. Box 6043 Deland, Florida 32721-6043 / 386-736-5915
Wakulla County / 3056 Crawfordville Hwy Crawfordville, FL 32327 /850-926-0905
Walton County /P.O. Box 1260 DeFuniak Springs, Florida 32433/ 850-892-8115
Washington County / P.O. Box 647 Chipley, FL 32428/ 850-638-6289